Welcome to my mental circus.

Do you ever feel like life is just out of control? I know I sure do! I feel like my mind is going a mile a minute! I just had a friend tell me about a really exciting event she joined! I was so thrilled for her! I said " Giiiirrll! Why the heck didn't you tell me this sooner!!" You know what her response was!? " Haha! I DID tell you!!" Whoops.

Sometimes I feel like I don't know which way is up! I feel like I slack in so so many things! At work. At home. At friendships. With my daughter. My house is never clean. There is almost ALWAYS dirty dishes in the sink! Who am I kidding not ALMOST always. There IS ALWAYS dirty dishes in the sink. Always laundry on the floor. Always always a ton of toys everywhere. The bathroom is a mess. Floors need swept, mopped, vacuumed. My desk is a drop zone.

But you know what friends? What does all this matter?? Guess what. IT DOESN'T!! What truly matters?? A clean house? No, not really. A happy baby?? YES!! That is of the utmost importance!! A roof over our head? YES! Food on the table? YES ( even if its on paper plates and with plastic ware!)! Even if its a frozen something you microwaved! But you know what else is of the utmost importance!? MEMORIES!! LOVE!! QUALITY TIME!! CUDDLES!!! ALL THE CUDDLES!!!

Listen to me. We ALL have looked around and thought "I'm failing!" In some way or another. But guess what!! YOU HAVE NOT FAILED!! I HAVE NOT FAILED!! WE HAVE NOT FAILED!! DO NOT let what someone else's life looks like put any discouragement in your heart or the thought of being a failure in your mind! Maybe that mom with the clean house is thinking " gosh look at her! Her kids and her have so much fun! I wish I had that!" All the while your thinking " I wish my house was clean like hers!". Listen. We are all different!! We all have our challenges, and our accomplishments! What we need to do is keep moving forward!!

What is your mental circus like!? This is mine! A messy house, a happy baby!! A forgetful mind, but lots of memories! Even on the days I feel like I've done nothing but failed, I just turn my eyes to God, realize what I'm thankful for, and I keep going! There is nothing in this world that a good cuddle with my girl, a hot bath, a cup of hot chocolate, or a great Arbonne detox mask can't solve!!! Keep going Mama's!! You're doing great!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom. Is it a noun, or superpower?

Two amazing women.